Mascaro was awarded a contract for the construction of a new dewatering plant with pump house, utility bridges, and miscellaneous platforms. The new facility processes 2.5 million to 3.5 million tons of byproduct each year consisting of fly ash, sulfur, and lime, a chemical used as part of a scrubbing process to address sulfur dioxide emissions. We provided the labor, equipment, and materials for the mechanical and electrical systems required to support the dewatering process. We also installed the soiling capping at their Little Blue Run waste facility.
- New construction
- Design-build of 1,600-foot rail system
- Rough equipment setting
- 16,000 yards concrete
- 1,280 tons structural steel
- 104,000 square feet 60 mil primary and secondary liner
- 55 months of construction
- General trades contractor for multiple projects
Location: Shippingport, Pennsylvania
Owner: First Energy Corp.