Burgess Energy Biopower Plant-Berlin Station
Babcock & Wilcox Power Generation Group, Inc.
Berlin, New Hampshire
- Environmental remediation
- Site improvements - grading, roads and curbs, and seeding
- 30,000 cubic yards of concrete
The Berlin Station project is a conversion of the former Fraser Papers pulp mill located on the Androscoggin River in downtown Berlin to a 75-megawatt biomass-energy power plant. The Berlin Station is expected to burn 750,000 tons of low-grade, whole tree wood chips annually.
- Structural excavation and blasting
- Concrete foundations including rock anchors and micro piles
- Structural backfill
- Underground utility installation
- Elevated slabs