Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh
Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
- 84,500 square feet
- 12 months of construction
- LEED® Silver
- Construction manager
Multi-phased expansion to link the Children’s Museum (constructed in 1898 and on the National Register of Historic Places) with the abandoned Buhl Planetarium building to more than triple its size. The skin of the connecting building, known as the Articulated Cloud, contains approximately 43,000 translucent, five-inch square plastic flaps that provide both art and function in that they create waves of motion when the wind blows across them yet serve as an energy-saving sunscreen for the building.
Mascaro continues to provide construction services to the museum. Other miscellaneous projects completed for the museum includes: cafe, store, and other miscellaneous renovations; plaster repairs to the dome area; renovations to the Waterplay Exhibit; removal of bridge artwork; and lobby renovations.